Friday, January 13, 2012

6M The Lovers rejoice 2012

Ahh, The Lovers. This is the next card in the major arcana in the series I have going about what wisdom each archetype has to offer me this year, 2012, in my year of Strength.  The Lovers was drawn as my card for January this year, no surprise, since my love is coming to visit me for 10 days in only 3 days! I'm so excited.
(I love the Goddess Tarot interpretation, because even though this card is associated with Gemini, the Goddess Tarot draws in my sun sign, Venus, and is so bright and beautiful like all things Aphrodite and Libra.  I drew a picture much like this long before I saw this deck.)






I think it's wise for tarot writers to explain that this card, numbered "6", means more than just a romantic connection.. it could mean  harmony in work, or connections in other ways, but for me this year it SCREAMS romance.  I have been living in a hermitage for some time and a couple of months ago I started a new romance with a guy I had met a couple of years ago.  The catch is.. he lives 5000 miles away, in Germany.  So in just a couple of days we will be re-united, this time as a couple. Romance abound!

An important aspect I have learned through Tarot about relationships, is that every relationship is really about YOU. What you are reflecting on someone else is what you see in yourself, and they are here to teach you lessons and help you to discover your own strengths and weaknesses. Since I have had SO much time to myself over the last few years, I have gotten to know me really well, so re-joining again in a partnership shall be very interesting, but I am so ready.

Marianne Williamson has been posting about love as well, and said this beautiful one liner the other day that I totally gel with, "The initial high of romantic love is not an illusion that inevitably crashes into reality, so much as reality that crashes into an illusion". Being in those early stages of love remind us what bliss feels like, peace, one-ness, everything-is-okay-ness, and that is something to really hold on to.  Then when the shadows and fears start creeping back, remembering the bliss of love and connection will help you work through everything else.

So let's get to it. This year, 6M The Lovers, is saying to me... just like your card of the year, "strength", you are taming a fiery force that will bring you strength, protection, and love. You are the maiden to the Lion, both mutually looking for connection and balance, a temperance of power so that the power harnessed is much greater than the two of you separately.  This is a year outside of the confines of your hermitage, learning so much more about your power because of the people and situations that bring you Harmony, and that you bring Love.

Something new I learned today, that this Harmony card can also sometimes be called "Choice", which I find delightful, because I knew my soul had made a choice when Matt and I became a couple. When I was talking about it with my sister I said "I know it's inconvenient, and it doesn't make a lot of sense, but I don't have a choice! It's already been made!" A month earlier I had decided I was totally fine being single forever, I liked my own company. and then here he comes...

More than fiery passion or watery love as an emotion, The Lovers is an Air sign that means more about "Knowing", again, Knowing that Bliss, that divine Connection. Seeing something in someone else that makes you go "Oh, AHA! There you are."  How lovely. It means "knowing" what is right for them, even if it means diverging from the originally chosen path. This is like intuition that comes from the heart chakra instead of the third eye.  That is how I feel now, so right now this card is shining very brightly for me.

Wishing you all love and harmony, and a bit of that magical Knowing that comes with it.

Thank you, Lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...